General Program Information:
In recent years, obesity rates in the United States have sky rocketed and Utah is no exception. Surgery should be the last resort after all other attempts at weight loss attempts have failed. Recognizing that surgery is not for everyone and only for those with a body mass index greater than 35-40, we have taken our current post surgical weight loss program and modified it to help those trying to avoid surgery.
You will find our staff has vast experience tailoring individualized programs for both Adults and Adolescents. We not only motivate people to lose weight but we teach them the healthy lifestyle that will make them successful long-term.
As a result of our surgery program funding the majority of our staff, this has enabled us to create a Medical Weight Loss Management Program at a lower cost than most programs in the area. Contact the office for program and pricing information at 801-746-2885.
Please note that insurance may cover this program but all insurance is different. Please contact your insurance company and ask if they cover Medically Supervised Weight Management for obesity or morbid obesity. We will also help you determine if you have coverage through your insurance.
Medical Weight Management Program Outline:
Our comprehensive weight loss programis tailored to fit your individual needs and goals.
- Medical Weight Loss Consultation with our Physician Assistant
- Monthly Diet Instruction with a Registered Dietitian
- Monthly Exercise Prescription with an Exercise Trainer
Lifestyle changes that include healthy food choices, regular physical activity and a modest weight reduction of 5-10% can improve:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Blood Pressure
- Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
- Sleep Apnea and use of CPAP
- Chronic Health Conditions
Weight loss and healthy lifestyle changes also improve self-esteem and confidence!
You’ll attend monthlysessions over a 6 or 12 month period, including:
- Monthly sessions with a Dietitian and Exercise Trainer who specialize in weight management. Together you’ll create your personal plan for success that includes:
- Your motivations for weight loss
- Strategies for overcoming barriers to weight loss
- Your methods for healthier eating and exercise
- Your weight goals for today and the future
- You’ll also:
- Learn how to shop and prepare nutritious foods for the whole family
- Discover new ways to enjoy daily physical activity
- Set realistic goals
- Learn how to track your weight loss and diet changes to reach your goals
We provide plenty of support to help you reach your goals, including:
- Regular consultation with your Physician Assistant, Dietitian, and Exercise Trainer.
To register and cost, please contact:
Bariatic Medicine Institute Surgical & Medical Weight Loss Solutions
1046 East 100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
801-746-2885 or 801-869-7145