Medical Weight Loss Management
General Program Information:
In recent years, obesity rates in the United States have sky rocketed and Utah is no exception. Recognizing that surgery is not for everyone and only for those with a body mass index greater than 35-40, we have taken our current post surgical weight loss program and modified it to help those trying to avoid surgery.
You will find our staff has vast experience tailoring individualized programs for both Adults and Adolescents. We not only motivate people to lose weight but we teach them the healthy lifestyle that will make them successful long-term.
“Research shows that some people taking prescription weight management medications lose 10% or more of their starting weight. Results vary by medication and by person. Weight loss of 5% to 10% of your starting body weight may help improve your health by lowering blood sugar, blood pressure, and triglyceride levels.”
Jun 23, 2021 National Institutes of Health
As a result of our surgery program funding the majority of our staff, this has enabled us to create a Medical Weight Loss Management Program at a lower cost than most programs in the area. Cost would include office visits and medications. Contact the office for program and pricing information at (801) 746-2885.
Please note that insurance may cover this program but all insurance is different. Please contact your insurance company and ask if they cover Medically Supervised Weight Management for obesity or morbid obesity including prescription medications. We will also help you determine if you have coverage through your insurance based on our experience.
Medical Weight Management Program Outline:
Our comprehensive weight loss program is tailored to fit your individual needs and goals.
- Medical Weight Loss Consultation with an MD or Physician Assistant
- Evaluation for Medical Weight Loss Prescriptions
- Monthly Diet Instruction with a Registered Dietitian
- Monthly Exercise Instruction with an Exercise Trainer
Lifestyle changes that include healthy food choices, regular physical activity and a modest weight reduction of 5-10% can improve:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Blood Pressure
- Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
- Sleep Apnea and use of CPAP
- Chronic Health Conditions
Weight loss and healthy lifestyle changes also improve self-esteem and confidence!
You’ll attend monthlysessions over a 6 or 12 month period, including:
- Monthly sessions with a Dietitian and Exercise Trainer who specialize in weight management. Together you’ll create your personal plan for success that includes:
- Your motivations for weight loss
- Strategies for overcoming barriers to weight loss
- Your methods for healthier eating and exercise
- Evaluation for the use of medications like Ozempic, Moynjaro, Wegovy and others
- Evaluation of male or female hormones for weight gain or loss
- Your weight goals for today and the future
- You’ll also:
- Learn how to shop and prepare nutritious foods for the whole family
- Discover new ways to enjoy daily physical activity
- Set realistic goals
- Learn how to track your weight loss and diet changes to reach your goals
We provide plenty of support to help you reach your goals, including:
- Regular consultation with your MD or Physician Assistant as needed with Dietitian, and Exercise Trainer monthly visits.
To register please contact:
Bariatic Medicine Institute (BMI)
1046 East 100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84102